Thursday, December 13, 2007

Spider Bite!!



Kind of a gross story.....


















Yesterday I woke up and thought my leg hurts so I take a look and there is a red circle with two little holes in the middle. Robert and I concluded that it was a spider bite. So today I get up and it is really red and the circle is much larger, plus it is now very hot and swollen. What do you do? I really did not want to go to the doctor, but after talking to some folks and letting one of our good friends look at it (who is a paramedic) I ended up at the doctor today at 3:00. She said it was a spider bite and that it had turned it to a Staph Infection. So, antibiotics for 10 days and antibiotic cream for 10 days as well. My doctor was all ready to give me a shot and do the strongest meds she could until I told her I was 13 weeks pregnant. Robert thinks that I am spider women now. He told Kaity today on the phone that I was shooting spider webs.




7 comments:

Robert Conn said...

This morning Shelly was hanging on to the ceiling and listening to a police scanner. She disappeared for a couple of hours and came back with the keys to the city.

I'm just saying!

Danielle said...

That looks painful Shelly! Glad you went to see the doc. My sister got a similar spider bite when she was pregnant also. Is this something that happens to pregnant women?

Lance said...

We don't have spiders in maryland.

Kris said...

hahaha.
rob's comment made me laugh.
i'm sorry you got bit, shel. : (

Rachel said...

Oh, how I sometimes wish I could spin webs like spider woman. It would really be helpful to a high school teacher. I'm really jealous Shelly.

Miss you tons!

Mandy said...

Two firsts for me...blogging and discovering the alter ego of a superhero. It's really too much for one night. Must go to bed...

Kaity said...

shel you really need to update your blog... im just sayin..